I just published a new Skillshare class for beginners learning how to paint in Photoshop.
Here's a link: http://skl.sh/2tsuOkR
The course has one hour of step-by-step video instructions to get you started with digital painting. Here's an outline of what to expect:
Artist and teacher Leigh Ann Rooney will guide you through the basics of creating a character suitable for a children’s book, comic, or whatever else your imagination can think up!
This course covers the foundations of creating a digitally painted character in Adobe Photoshop. We will go over each step of the process from picking an animal and designing your character to creating a finished image that can be sent to a client or added to a background.
No experience with Photoshop or traditional painting needed.
Don’t be intimidated by Photoshop - you got this!
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- Designing a character: stylizing an animal
- Using Photoshop brushes for a painterly effect
- Mixing and blending colors
- Adding texture and dimension
Materials you’ll need:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Drawing pen tablet such as Wacom Intuos (optional but helpful)
- Paper and pencil, charcoal, and/or ink (optional)